1) Catalyst must be added prior to use. Scrape sides of container with a Liquid rubber spatula to ensure catalyst distribution.
2) Xylene or Mineral Spirits Solvents may be added to adjust viscosity or for clean-up.
3) Easiest way to spread the rubber on a flat surface is to broadcast material with a rubber squeegee then roll using a short nap roller. Product is self leveling. A flat spatula can be used for small areas.
4) Product has a long pot life after catalyst has been added; 4-6 hrs. depending on temperature.
5) Only temperature affects the rate of cure. Relative humidity has no influence.
6) Product is hydrophobic (sheds water) so substrate to be coated must be dry initially. The uncured rubber can get wet or even have ponding water, with only a cosmetic effect after application, and will still cure.
7) The rubber will penetrate into porous substrates such as wood and poured concrete. A primer/sealer should precede application of rubber.
8) The chemical reaction of the catalyzed rubber can be arrested by freezing the material. This can keep material usable for weeks or months. To use again simply allow it to reach room temperature and apply.